8 reasons to get your super sorted with us
- We’re proud to be a profit-to-member fund. We’re about getting more for you, not shareholders.
- Independent rating agencies agree we’re doing something right. In 2019 we were awarded Best Fund: Integrity by Chant West, in recognition of our focus on doing the right thing by our members. And we’ve been awarded Member Services Fund of the Year by Conexus Financial three years running (2019, 2018, 2017). Plus, we’re a SuperRatings Platinum Fund, and have been for years.1
- Our financial planners are part of our VicSuper team and get paid a salary, not commissions. It means you get quality financial advice you can trust.
- We’ll help you sort out your super with award-winning services and our award-winning advice offering.2 We’ll show you how you could achieve a higher account balance and save tax along the way. Learn more.
- We take a long-term investment approach that aims to deliver solid returns and we keep you informed along the way.
- We’re responsible investors and carefully consider the environmental, social and governance performance of the companies we invest in. Learn more.
- We’re always looking for ways to keep our fees to a minimum. In fact, independent superannuation research and ratings company, SuperRatings, describes VicSuper as “one of the best value for money funds” in Australia, and have awarded us their highest rating – the Platinum Performance rating – seven years running (2012-19).1
- The VicSuper community is strong. Don’t just take our word for it. Eight out of 10 members surveyed told us they’d be willing to recommend VicSuper to their family and friends.3 See what our members say.
It’s virtually impossible to pick the number one performing fund every year.
In fact the best performing super fund has changed 254 times for over the past six years! (…and VicSuper topped the list twice in that time).
Guiding our members to a better future
At 25, Tamara waved goodbye to study and part-time work and started her first full time job as a primary teacher.
By using VicSuper’s services and taking action, she has significantly increased her income from her super account balance by 85%, almost doubling her income in retirement.
See how we helped Tamara at each stage of her life:
25-34 Joins VicSuper
- Receives a Welcome Pack and registers for Members Online
- Starts salary sacrificing $50 gross a fortnight
- Consolidates her other super accounts
35-44 Takes a 3 year parental leave then returns part-time
- Stops salary sacrificing while on parental leave
- Attends a VicSuper workshop and reads VicSuper booklet showing different types of contributions
- Returns to work part-time at 38 years of age on half pay - no spouse contributions as she is ineligible due to level of assessable income
- Restarts salary sacrifice contributions from approx $78 gross per fortnight
45-54 Returns to full time work
- Back to full time work at 45 and Salary Sacrifice contributions increase as per indexation
- Uses Beeline to understand how paying down their mortgage vs saving for retirement
55-67 Starts focusing on retirement plans
- Speaks to a Financial Planner to talk about her retirement plans now that she’s paid off her mortgage and other debts
- Increases salary sacrifice contributions to concessional cap
We're one of Australia's top super funds. We believe our commitment to member value is best-in-class and the independent ratings agencies seem to agree.
99%* of members who've used our advice service and surveyed would happily recommend it
*Results based on members who had Statements of Advice prepared and who completed an Interview Evaluation form between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018.
The expertise, friendliness and ability to explain the details in easy to understand terms takes away the anxiety of these important issues for us.
Laurence, age 65
Great level of service and responsiveness. The advice appointment exceeded my expectations.
Sharon, age 39
My advisor was incredible- very warm, friendly and extremely knowledgble. It was a pleasure working with her and I learnt a lot. I cannot speak highly enough of the service I was provided.
Shannon, age 34
2 Best Member Services 2019, 2018 and 2017 – Conexus Financial, Best Member Services 2018 – Chant West, Best Advice Offering 2018, Conexus Financial. SuperRatings and Chant West are independent ratings organisations. For details on their ratings, criteria and methodologies see superratings.com.au and https:chantwest.com.au. Conexus Financial is a specialist, independently owned Australian publishing and events company. Their products span the institutional and retail financial services sectors in Australia and around the world. The Conexus Financial Superannuation Awards are determined using proprietary methodologies. Awards are solely statements of opinion and do not represent recommendations to purchase, hold, or sell any securities or make any other investment decisions. Ratings are subject to change.
3 As measured through internal VicSuper Voice of the Customer survey, 2018
4 SuperRatings SMART FCRS SR50 MySuper Index - November 2018 Rolling 5 year return.